Minecraft Username : DarkSpectre

Timezone : US: Central.

Languages : English, can recognize but not understand Dutch and Spanish.

Server : Ultra

Active Server Time : 2d 1h 58m 59s as of submission time.

Position Applied For : Moderator

Ban History : N/A

Staff History : Moderator on several servers in the past, dating back to 2010 or 2011. Promoted to admin on the second one and stayed until the server shut down. Admin/Co-owner of another server that I helped keep going for 6 or 7 years before we shut down.

What can you bring to the Server : I have a wealth of experience in dealing with moderation and even some administrative problems in minecraft, ranging from being invaded by a troll forum to simple things such as griefing or spam. Beyond that, I'm always happy to help out answering questions and the like.

It's a rare thing when I dislike someone, but were it to arise, I can also draw on my real-life customer service experience from my job to help me deal with people calmly, even if I don't particularly like them.

Moderation Questions :
<player> is using excessive CAPS in chat : Once caps usage turns excessive, it's time to warn the player that their usage is excessive. If they persist, I would give them one last warning and remind them of the consequences of continuing. If they still ignore me and use excessive caps, it's time to bust out a mute. 3 to 5 minutes is a good starting point, but if they still continue I would increase each successive mute time.

<player> is abusing both players and staff : Another situation that can be handled by a mute. Similarly to the excessive caps usage, I'd give them a warning, then a last warning if they persist. From there, the mutes begin.

However, if their abusive talk is racial in nature or particularly targeted, I may have a bit less patience for it. One warning, then a mute. if they're still being abusive after a few minutes of mute, they likely don't care about the consequences and I feel it would warrant a considerably longer mute as well as notifying staff higher up. If a ban becomes necessary, having screenshots of their abusive language is good.

<player> is advertising a different Server : This one is pretty clear cut in the rules. Advertisement is a ban. I've played in servers that trusted moderators to do bans, as well as servers that did not. In any case where bans or possible bans are involved, screenshot evidence and follow through, whether that is by muting the player and notifying staff that can ban, or banning them yourself.

Any other relevant information : I work a job during the day, with a variable schedule between 4:45 AM and 10 PM. Usually my shifts are about 7 hours, so I can almost always find an hour or two a day to come online and moderate. As a night owl, I prefer to be up past 10PM unless I am opening or midday shift the following day.

In my job I work in a managerial role. I'm no stranger to giving out write-ups when necessary and keeping others on-task.

In other servers I moderated/admined, I was one of the more approachable staff members to players. Despite my staff duties, we're all here to try and have a good time, and I understand that. Playing together is the main reason to play online instead of just doing single-player, after all. As a staff member, I try to keep that in mind and spend some time with the ordinary players instead of just holing up and going semi-AFK to watch chat for problems.